Przejdź do głównej treści

Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron

Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron

Frequently Asked Questions


How do I book my trip to Kraków? Once you receive feedback that you have been accepted for the Program and you register as a VP using the Registration Form, you will receive a message from the JU International Relations Office with the instructions regarding the purchase of the tickets.

Can I come to Kraków with a companion? Yes.

Can I travel business class? The University cannot cover the cost of this type of ticket, so if you wish to book business class ticket please note that you would have to pay for it yourself.

I already purchased a ticket. What now? You can get a refund of the cost provided that the ticket is an economy class. To receive the refund, you need to provide the following: boarding passes, the invoice issued for the Jagiellonian University (see the instructions regarding the purchase of the ticket) and the Refund Claim Form (available for download in the section: "FORMS").

Can I travel to Kraków by car? Yes. The cost of travel will be reimbursed on the basis of the Refund Claim Form (available for download in the section: "FORMS").


Where will I stay? The Jagiellonian University offers fully furnished and equipped apartments in the city for the use of the Visiting Professors. Each of the apartments is a one-bedroom apartment with a double bed and a living room with a kitchenette. WiFi provided. No cleaning service (smoking and pets are not allowed). 

Can I stay somewhere else? Yes, but the cost of such accommodation will not be covered by the University.

Can I have someone else staying in the apartment with me? Yes, however, you need to bear in mind the type of apartments that are available.

Is there WIFI in the flat? Yes, WIFI is available in all the flats.

What is the flat equipped with? Each of the flats is fully furnished and equipped. Bedding, towels, kitchenware, cleaning utensils are provided.

Is it possible to divide my stay into several periods? Single stays are preferred, but in special circumstances stays can be divided into two shorter periods. This needs to be communicated to the Program Coordinator at the application stage.

Where from do I collect the keys to the Visiting Professor's apartment? The keys can be collected from the International Visitors’ Office (ul. Czapskich 4, room no. 12, Monday through Friday,  7:30 am – 3:30 pm). The keys can also be made available at the reception desk of the building at ul. Czapskich 4 at any other time outside the regular business hours. This needs to be arranged beforehand.

What kind of contract does the Faculty need to sign with a Visiting Professor? Depending on the course offered by a Visiting Professor (part of curriculum taught at the JU unit or an original course) it can be either a contract of mandate (umowa zlecenie) or a specific task contract (umowa o dzieło). It is highly recommended to sign a contract of mandate when possible, as it secures obligatory insurance coverage. 

How do I buy the ticket for the Guest? The purchase of the tickets is regulated by the Regulamin przyjmowania gości zagranicznych i krajowych w jednostkach organizacyjnych Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiego (Zarządzenie nr 99 Rektora Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiego z dnia 15 lipca 2022 roku).

Widok zawartości stron Widok zawartości stron